Have you always wanted to learn more about permaculture?
The Green Wave House (home/ headquarter office for Green Wave) is creating an opportunity on select Tuesdays and Thursdays for people to learn about permaculture and volunteer to work on a small permaculture farm in the food forest.
The energy we receive from living in a vibrantly alive place is healing already. However, the soul nourishment we receive from learning about our environment through hands-on activities is another level. It's works in helping us integrate much of the other work we do. It's grounding in a different way.
We look forward to providing you this opportunity to receive the benefits of working with the Earth.
Dates and times available
TUESDAY Mornings 8-11am
(The "2 shift opportunities" may be possible on these Tuesday dates. Inquire via DM. RSVP phone number is below)
WEDNESDAY Afternoons 2-5pm
* Led Nature Meditation (Intuition/ Gnosis cultivation)
* Garden and Food forest tour
* Briefing - permaculture 101
* Pre-work warm-up body movement
* Tools for working the shift
* Pool usage, if desired, for after the shift (towels, sunscreen can be provided)
* Filtered water and garden grown herbal tea
* Snacks (lunch for those who volunteer for both shifts in a day)
What you will be doing
* A specific project per "shift" (a shift is defined as one of the time slots, either 8-11am or 2-5pm. Projects vary by weekly need).
All work can be done in flip flops but we recommend bringing boots and gloves if you have them.
What you will learn
* Nature Meditation
* Permaculture 101
* Why Permaculture
* Permaculture Zoning
* Compost and mulch strategies
* Micro-intro to herbal medicine
* Meaning of "maximizing hammock time" and "if you plan right, all you do is reap"
Please arrange transportation according to the schedule as shifts start on time.
NOTE: This is NOT a paying job. Volunteer opportunity only.